I’ve been inspired, motivated, humbled and downright blown away by many fellow, fitness professionals. On the flip side, I’ve also been disappointed, puzzled, pissed off and amazed at the things some fit pros are involved with. I think there are two types of fitness pros: the ones that educate, motivate and do everything possible to bring what they can to the table (ethical), and those who are there to get their egos stroked, make money selling products that are ineffective and use their teaching time as personal workout time (not-so-ethical).
As a professional fitness educator and continuing education provider I impress the importance of strong ethics, proper protocols for your classes/clients and engaging your participants with good communication strategies. I am proud of my work and my position in this industry and I’d like everyone to know my passions, opinions and personal ethics:
1. I do not use my teaching time/training time for my own personal workouts
2. I am very technical with my work and pay close attention to all the details when I work with others
3. I am creative and love to implement these ideas into my work at all times
4. Dedication and loyalty to my clients/participants is one of my key traits
5. I can switch things up in an instant if things don’t seem to be working well..I’m very flexible
6. Education and learning new things is very important to me; I learn new things constantly
7. I always share what I know with others, family, friends, clients or whoever will listen to my yammering
8. Music will always be a part of your fitness experience with me; it brings everything together!
9. You will never see me selling a product I haven’t used myself, nor that I don’t believe in
10. I love a challenge- whether it’s an exercise, dance move or client I can’t seem to figure out
I admire fitness pros and people who can “walk their talk” and don’t sell-out to make a buck. We have to believe in what we do, love our jobs and appreciate the diversity it brings. I will always be a little feisty, opinionated (OK a lot), adventurous and different. It’s who I am as an individual and a fitness professional.
Rock on- Amy
PS- in regards to #2 can you find the grammar error(s) in the image? I can and it kills me!!!