Since I am usually the one encouraging others to get moving and make some changes in their fitness endeavors, I figured it was only fair for me to show that I practice what I preach. With each New Year I try to accomplish something different that not only challenges me physically, but also forces me to do something I normally wouldn’t.
I think it is very important for all of us to write down our goals, thoughts and things that inspire us. I truly value my journals and scraps of paper that have my various ideas, notes and scribbles on them. They not only serve as motivation for me, but also as friendly reminders to finish my projects and get my butt in gear because nobody else is going to make it happen.
So here is what I’ve written down for this year’s challenges:
1. Learn and master at least 6 new core training exercises on an unstable surface
2. Shave off 5 minutes for this year’s 1/2 marathon on Whidbey Island
3. Continue with my dance class and make it to level 4 before summer approaches
4. Journal daily, blog often and create whenever possible
5. Use my nutrition skills and actually cook a little more for my “never at home” family
6. Watch scary movies with my kids (I’m not a big fan…my kids think I’m a wimp-GAME ON!)
7. Play scrabble at least once a month with my kids (I really don’t care for board games-I’m too competitive)
8. Work on one project straight for 2 hours and not get distracted (gulp…this is really going to be hard)
9. Live more loudly, play more often, laugh every day until it hurts, observe everything in fine detail and my absolute favorite…..love more passionately!
There you have it- my New Year’s resolutions and challenges. They’re written down and I will be checking them off one by one until next New Year’s Eve.
What about you? Are you up for your challenges and ready to take on those resolutions? I’m here to help if you need it!
Keep rockin it- Amy
FIT Launch – fitness video programming intro
What do you think of this simple video intro for use when we do various training videos?
Welcome to 2009! I’m so excited to get back to training and teaching the fitness camps again. The two weeks I took off during December, actually three because of the snow, have left me a little stir crazy Our new programs for January are set to go and we have some great ideas for next quarter as the weather starts to change again. I know you’re all dying to get to it, too!
I hope you all took a few minutes to write down your New Years resolutions. Making a few of those commitments and then writing them down is an excellent way to keep yourself on task and eventually reach your specific goals. I hope you always remember that I am here to help you with your resolutions in any way I can especially those related to your fitness, function, and figure.
As a small first step in assisting you in those areas I want to offer you a small challenge that has a prize for the winner!
I am offering a FREE month session to what I deem the “best” (complete honest expression) comment to this blog post. Follow these steps below and if selected you will receive free admission to any of our January scheduled fitness camps.
In your comment please respond to these items:
- One or more fitness, function, and/or figure resolutions you have made
- Which camp you think would best help you meet that/those goals (http://fitnessgatherings.com/bootcamp.htm)
- What about the camp or working with us do you believe will help you with your goal.
Anyone can post, but a winner I will select from here in Snohomish County as these are local camps.
Good luck and I (we all) look forward to your response